Credit Repair

3 Steps to Get the Judgments Removed from Consumer Credit Report

It is definitely possible to get rid of the judgments from your consumer credit report, but it is not an easy and straightforward process. You must be willing to do some hard work. There are plenty of things you need to keep in mind in this regard. You just need that right approach and a strong dose of determination in order to ensure success. Following are the steps that you have to follow.

Step 1 – Review the Reasons

The first thing you have to do is to find out the reasons why a judgment of public record is appearing on your report. Note down all the details on a piece of paper, such as the date when the entry was recorded, the amount listed that you owe, the name and address of the judgment creditor, and array of other such things.

For more information, visit .

Step 2 – Find out What the Laws Have to Say

Different states have different laws about the statute of limitations about the collection of delinquent credit accounts. If necessary, you may consult a lawyer for help. If you find that the debt has been listed on your report longer than the statute of limitations applicable in your state for such cases, there are two things that you have to do. First, you can go ahead and write a letter to the credit bureaus (Transunion, Equifax, and Experian) and file a dispute for those entries, requesting the bureaus to verify if the judgment appearing on your consumer credit report is not against the statute of limitations and that it is legally valid with the courts. Wait for thirty days for a response from them. If you do not get any response, give them phone call or just write a second letter requesting them to delete the judgment listing.

Step 3 – Negotiate with Your Judgment Creditor

When you are informed that the judgment appearing on your report is legally valid, you should try to negotiate a deal with the judgment creditor (JC in short). Do not talk to them on phone or visit them personally in their office. Instead, the best strategy is to write a detailed letter, where you will describe your proposal, explaining how the deal is in the best interest of both you and the creditor. The terms of the deal may include things like you will be paying a certain amount of money to them, and in return, they will report to the credit bureau to change the status of the judgment on your consumer credit report as “paid in full”. You can first send the letter by post at the address that you find in step one (see above). If you do not get any response within 15 days, you can make a personal visit and give them the letter by hand. The idea is to make sure they read your proposal.

If the judgment creditors agree for such an agreement, you must follow up with all credit bureaus in order to make sure that everything is going in line with the terms of the agreement; your must reflect those changes within a couple of months.

Custom Search

Tags: , ,
Posted in Credit Repair, Credit Reports | 1 Comment »

One Response to “3 Steps to Get the Judgments Removed from Consumer Credit Report”

  1. Albert says:

    Credit report reflects one’s financial strategies, punctuality and behavior. It is very important to keep your credit report positive as far as possible. If there is any decision appeared in your credit report which can ruin your FICO, you should try all your possible efforts to get the judgment removed from your report. First step is to try and find out the reason of the judgment and do a thorough study of your report with the date and time of the entry of public record judgment. If there is any law favorable for you in your state, you can consult a professional attorney. He will guide you towards the right direction, if the time period of debt is crossing the limit decided by your state, you can write to the credit bureaus and can file s dispute. One more thing you can do is the negotiation, it can really work. If you can use your negotiation skills, you can save yourself from this condition. You can convince your judgment creditor to give the comment paid in full. You have to pay some thing extra to your creditors and they will request the bureau to change your status.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.